Sunday, June 20, 2010

NetBeans 6.8 ME removal leads to unusable NetBeans

I had installed NetBeans 6.8 the version where all possible java technologies are bundled together.

I had no problems, but I decided to deactivate and uninstall the ME plugins... huge mistake.. The whole NetBeans became an empty shell... with just a few menus to the top and a simple editor... I was greatly surprised.

The good thing is that I installed NetBeans 6.9 and it sniffed my NetBeans 6.8 and imported all projects, copied the configurations and even the plugins... And in just 5 minutes a could continue with my work having all my configurations, no need to configure all my custom changes all over again.

So in just 30 minutes I was surprised twice by the NetBeans - the good thing is that in the end everything is working how it is supposed to be working. :)

I suppose this is something that Еclipse lacks...

//later edit:
- different Eclipse installations can share configuration with the Workspaces

No comments:

Post a Comment